Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #1
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's Lacie's Turn........
Lens: Nokton 58mm F1.4 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Texas ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 

Although I had problems on this day of shooting, I still managed to get a few I liked. They aren't near perfect, but the fit my other Standard....." Will they print and please her Mom?" They did!
Lacie doesn't have the talents of Shelby in posing yet, but she is learning, and she is very easy to work with and has a personality as lovely as her looks. Fun girls!
Best Regards!

Lacie
Attachment 75881

Attachment 75882

Last edited by Rupert; 03-18-2015 at 08:36 AM.
11-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Very nice Rupert! You are getting better with each try. I think that your lighting is better too. Lacie is doing well too. Congratulations.
11-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Lovely shots, Jim. I really like the first, even with a little shadow in it.
11-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you! I see some improvement but what is bothering me is wondering if it is skill improvement or just better luck? Luck runs both ways, but skill is dependable. I want to get dependable, and I am not there yet. Luck has given me some nice models.....I am thankful for that!
Best Regards!

11-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #5
Inactive Account

They are both very beautiful girls and both photograph very well. What I'm seeing (only my opinion) is that Lacie is more of the closeup type while Shelby does quite well full or even upper torso body shots.

Re the two photos you show, I like the pose in the first one best but I like the second photo better. For some reason, and it is a real small nit-picky thing, the blue fingernail polish really clashes with the red dress in the first photo and is one of the first things I'm drawn to. Yep, I'm strange.....

11-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thank you! I see some improvement but what is bothering me is wondering if it is skill improvement or just better luck? Luck runs both ways, but skill is dependable. I want to get dependable, and I am not there yet. Luck has given me some nice models.....I am thankful for that!
Best Regards!
The more you practice like this, the more skillful you become. I've seen improvement with each set of photos. The nice thing about practice, is that you get to take more pictures of these pretty young ladies, which would seem to me to be a pleasurable endeavor.
11-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks again! Jeff, I agree about the posing positions, and also about the blue nail polish......these are young girls, free spirited, and I let them do all the poses and dress as they desire.........I could have and should have processed away the blue nails...and I appreciate you calling it to my attention! They will get better along with me, no doubt!

jimH - Comment appreciated! I am doing what I love best in life....having fun! These girls are a delight and indeed most pleasurable to work with. Lucky me! I seem to always have good luck with pretty girls, and I am thankful for it! I could write a book on the differences between youth now and when I was their age...but the bottom line is every generation is unique.
Best Regards!

11-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Keep on, Keepin' on Rupert. I enjoy looking at your photos and good luck with the young ladies. They seem to get along well with us grandfatherly types, eh? Amateur portraiture is fun and maybe one day these young ladies will have fun modeling also. Maybe you and they can learn together.