Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #1

Recent Pictures

Here are a couple of the more recent pictures I have taken... CC Would be awesome.
Thanks ahead of time!

11-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice color and mood, but I'm not sure about the composition in some of these.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I'm not good at giving critique, but I can say what I like and what I don't like.

Nr 1: I think there is too much empty space on the right of the picture, for my taste.
Nr 2 & 3: The light coming thru her hair looks a bit strange and maybe also a bit blown-out. Besides that I see some strange artifacts in the shots, maybe because of the processing?
Nr 4: I like this one best, good lines and composition.
Nr 5: Too tight on the sides and maybe a little too much space above, if that would be different I would like it as much as I like nr 4.

I absolutely can't do it any better, but this is what I see and think.
11-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I wish I could say more positive things about all of these shots. I can see you put good time and effort into them, and that is always a good thing.

I must admit that I don't like any of the facial expressions of the model in the first three shots. They just don't look very professional.

The crop on the second shot seems too tight and almost random. The use of negative space is a good idea, but the execution looks too intentional and unartful.

As with the woman, the man's body language is unappealing and simply doesn't engage my visual or intellectual interest. I do like the corrugated wall though. To me, modeling shots work when there is some kind of emotional connection made with the viewer. I ain't getting that here. Maybe that's your goal (and I'm not being a wiseass here), and if so then my hat's off to you.

M

11-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In MHO:

shot No.:
1. Not too bad. Hair is a bit wild and odd.
2. & 3. Ditto on expressions and lights in the hair.
4 & 5. You were trying for something here, but what are you trying to say with these? I Know this can be BS sometimes, but with the person and the stark surroundings, the question needs to be asked. Maybe you need a more dynamic mood. In these.

Keep at it!
11-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not a fashion shooter so will not comment on first three. #4 and #5 are interesting to me. #4 slashes across the vertical wall panels and creates tension whereas #5 uses the vertical crop to harmonize with the vertical wall pattern. I like the last two very much.

Jack
11-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #7

Original Poster
I see what you are saying about needing to feel a connection. This was the third and fourth time trying to shoot a set up portrait and I definitely feel lost trying to pose someone which I think made a lot of the pictures turn out akward feeling. I will play with the crop more on these and see if I can get them re-posted. Thanks for all the great feedback!

11-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I love the lighting and backgrounds in the first three, but I don't like all the wasted space in your compositions. What are you trying to say with your photos?