Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You guys are giving me a lot of information, I just hope some of it will stick in my brain and lead me to improved results over time. As I have stated before, this is pretty complicated work and those that have mastered it are deserving of my praise...and have it!

Ash, I do like the more natural look, and that last one has to be one of my favorites. It is the Shelby I know.....

So is this one....
[/url] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
the face is nice, but it's quite an awkward body shape

I advice you to do some reading into classic poses and model positioning

11-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #17
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yeah it is, but I hadn't really noticed that, it was just a quick snap between poses and I liked her slight smile. I am generally well pleased with her poses, and let her do almost all of her poses to suit her. Believe me, she is better at that than I am....and from what I see on Fashion sites, she is better than many of them there.

I am interested in some better or at least "different" BW conversions....any advice here? Any programs you recommend or comments that might help me on BW?

Best Regards & Thanks in advance!
[IMG] [/IMG]
11-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Rupert there are many ways to B&W conversion

1. Channel mixer - run through the B/w presets
2. Black and white - again, check out the presets
3. Gradient map - I personnaly find the first two to give me more options and better results
4. Hue saturation
5. Almost every image also requires some change in the contrast using levels or curves..

However, my favorite is the Nik Silver Efx plugin; this is hands down the best B&W plugin out there.

Send me a few hi-res images to play with and can post some examples...

Rubert, I know your getting an overwhelming amount of advice. I think you should focus on the technical aspects of lighting (it needs to be cleaner) & PP (less & more natural)

Leave the styling & posing too your models...for now.