Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2010, 05:01 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
first timer
Lens: Pentax 50mm M1.7 Camera: K1000 Photo Location: singapore's only railway station! ISO: 400 

not too sure about the shutter speed and aperture.
trying out my newly acquired K1000.
i only resized the photos.
first picture is very blur, have no idea why

need comments on how to improve

Attached Images

12-02-2010, 07:22 AM   #2

You have a good eye. Nice compositions. Vanishing points will hold a viewers interest. You can study you images and ask yourself what you like and what you can improve upon. You can revisit the same places to to retake better images. You can plan on when the light might be the most interesting.

Your 1 st image needs more depth of field. You'll want to study how to control depth of field. Sometimes having less depth of field simplifies the image. Exposure and depth of field are interrelated and allow you some creativity. Your 2nd image was shot at a hyper focal distance. You have marks on your lens which shows the depth of field for each f-stop and position of the focus ring. Make sure you understand these markings. Often a tripod will allow you to use a longer exposure, so you can use a slower ISO film speed and a smaller f-stop. Record your K1000 settings. Work at it.

Jim
12-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #3
K-9
Veteran Member

A person in shot 1 would have helped. I actually like the blurry, Holga look to it.
12-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #4

Original Poster
heh thanks jim and K-9 for your comments. i will read up more about exposures and DOF then hopefully i'll improve