Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Reflection on a Train
Lens: DA 35mm f/2.4 Camera: K-r Photo Location: Keikyu YokosukaChuo Line ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/6s Aperture: F4 

Original .jpg

B&W

I really like this shot but here are some things I would do differently:
1. Spend a bit more time trying to focus it
2. I'm not sure if I really like his actual arm being in the bottom left.

What do you guys think? Super noob and I see lots of neat things (at least they're neat to me!) over here in japan and I'm trying to get better at capturing them with my camera Thanks!

Last edited by Hambino; 12-05-2010 at 02:28 AM.
12-05-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There definitely needs to be more contrast in the BW version. Also, I agree- the lower-left tills the whole photo. 3/5.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-05-2010, 01:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I think the blurry horizontal lines give a sense of movement that is consistent with the scene. The bit of the actual arm lets one see that this is really a reflection, then again its sharpness stands out akwardly ... more of the man in the frame might work better, but with this cropping a slice off on the left would seem to result in a nicer image. At any rate you would seem to have an eye for an artsy snap that is worth cultivating :-)
12-05-2010, 02:39 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
At any rate you would seem to have an eye for an artsy snap that is worth cultivating :-)
wow, thanks! I don't know that "artsy" and I have ever been in the same sentence but I'm definitely diggin' it

So, given the feedback here's what I've come up with:

Better? I definitely like it better.

Thanks, guys!