Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not More Belly Shots!
Lens: DA 18-55mm Camera: KX Photo Location: Studio ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F16 

Not an original belly shot, I am more worried about other comments... like was it an ok choice to light from behind to see her curves through the cloth, or should the key lighting still been on the face? There is catch light in her eyes... just not alot of it...

Too much digital make-up? Ect?

12-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
I really like the idea, but the emphasis is for me too much on the stretch then on the most important parts: the belly and face. Maybe a fil light from the left could have brought it out a bit more. It is also too "plastic" for me. The image is too soft for my taste, especially the face looks unnatural. But keep it up; I love the idea.
12-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hardleers Quote
I really like the idea, but the emphasis is for me too much on the stretch then on the most important parts: the belly and face. Maybe a fil light from the left could have brought it out a bit more.
Thanks... I thought so too... large silver reflector perhaps? Should add some strong tones to round the belly and add light to the face...
12-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
U could give it a try,... Is it raw? In lightroom you can try to add some nice highlights.

12-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, I know I could fix it... I am more working on getting the lighting right the first time... I have a little shoot in Jan where I have to do about 30-40 portraits in a day and I don't want to have to retouch each one... I have never worked with a two light kit so I was 'having' some fun... see this is me trying to touch the belly! And work on lighting two people at once....

12-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Jord #2 is a fun capture - although not technically difficult, is great to look at!
#1 is too plasticky (you turned clarity down too far!) and the empty space could have been worked more to have more of the material stretching across the frame. Pose could also be improved
12-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
more of the material
yeah... I want to pick-up more stretchy material... and make it a longer stretch... that is every sq inch on fabric in frame for this scarf...

12-09-2010, 01:02 AM   #8

The lighting is just fine, but cut the smoothing. That's really way too much.
12-09-2010, 01:27 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by guidoanselmi Quote
The lighting is just fine, but cut the smoothing. That's really way too much.
I second that. The original image looks unreal.