Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just checked your profile. You are just a few years younger than this old girl with the "sparkle" in her eye. So who is the boy in the photo?

12-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #17
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sparkle Quote
Mrs. Robinson....errr... Lacy's Mom looks super.

I imagined you as older. Good luck.
I'm old enough to be Lacie's grandfather, I have a grandson in college her same age...but I'm not too old for Lacie's Mom......however, I would have to get approval from Mrs Rupert to be alone in the same room! Fat chance of that!

Mrs Rupert is no slouch herself....so I don't find myself with any wandering eye......Took this last year at one of my Beginner Photo Classes.....

Mrs Rupert Also old enough to be Lacie's grandmother.......

Best Regards!

BTW- The boy is Lacie's brother...almost forgot you asked!
01-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I'd suggest finding a way to diffuse the light sources you are using. They are casting hard-edged shadows which aren't too flattering to women's faces unless you are very specific in how you use them. They also give odd-looking pin-point catchlights in subject eyes.

Try setting up a big reflector, using the spill from your main to bounce off reflector for some fill, and then using your 2nd light on the background. No light on the background is killing these shots, IMO.
01-03-2011, 10:50 AM   #19
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fixcinater Quote
I'd suggest finding a way to diffuse the light sources you are using. They are casting hard-edged shadows which aren't too flattering to women's faces unless you are very specific in how you use them. They also give odd-looking pin-point catchlights in subject eyes.

Try setting up a big reflector, using the spill from your main to bounce off reflector for some fill, and then using your 2nd light on the background. No light on the background is killing these shots, IMO.

Thanks, I know I need a lot of improvement, and may or may not "get there" in time. It was recommended to use a large sheet of white foam board as a reflector, but I haven't been able to try it yet. I am anxious to see what results I can get with it.

The background....when I go light, I get complaints, when I go dark I get complaints, which leads me to believe this may be a "personal choice" issue? I like the dark best, except for the times I like the light best........

Best Regards & Thanks again!
Rupert

01-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sparkle Quote
Mrs. Robinson....errr... Lacy's Mom looks super.
...Good luck.

YES! Use her more if she's willing! A non-girl for a change!
« Zima | My Dolly »