Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #1

Princess
Lens: Pentax 55-300 Camera: Pentax K-x Photo Location: My backyard ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F6.7 

A shot of Princess cropped to 8x10.

Attached Images

12-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice pic although a little soft so I would suggest bumping the Aperture to 8, ISO down to 100-200 and adjust the shutter speed accordingly. That lens does better around F8 and a lower ISO is always better and since you were at 1/750 you have a lot of room to play with there.
12-30-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You captured the drool. Good job. Strange you don't have a Shih Tzu as that it is said to have been Buddha's dog. I do know everything. LOL
12-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice - I am really a newbie to DSLRs and am soaking up all of the info!

This is actually a dog that I was babysitting and ex-foster dog She's a doll.

The screen name is in reference to a Zen koan questioning if dogs have Buddha nature.

12-31-2010, 11:06 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I think it's just a depth of field issue. The focus is probably a little behind where you might have wanted it to be, but another full stop or more would probably have been needed to get most of the dog in focus. And then the fence might have been sharp enough to be distracting. This is probably a good example of picture that's really, really good when kept at moderate levels of magnification.

Paul
01-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks really good to me....I've seen thousands of Doggie shots and am still waiting for the first 'Bad One". As long as the Doggie is alive and happy they are all good, and yours is very good!
Best Regards! & Happy New Year
Rupert
01-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
I think it's just a depth of field issue. The focus is probably a little behind where you might have wanted it to be, but another full stop or more would probably have been needed to get most of the dog in focus. And then the fence might have been sharp enough to be distracting. This is probably a good example of picture that's really, really good when kept at moderate levels of magnification.

Paul
I think you are right. Focus is on the neckless.
Fun with the drolling!

« Swing | Home »