Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
Inactive Account

My last ever picture before using a K-7 and going Pentax all the way...
Camera: iPhone 3G Photo Location: Berlin 

Taken from an iPhone. No I'm not kidding, I am poor! I know the quality is awful but what about the shot itself? I took this one while avoiding the cops, tourists and other distractions in front of the building. Not cropped or edited in any way appart for putting it in black and white and adjusting the contrast a little.

Last edited by Student; 01-08-2011 at 10:04 AM.
01-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll leave it to those better qualified to give critique, but it does make me think that I might just need a good phone instead of a DSLR and twenty something lenses.......

It is along way from the old crank handle phone on my Grannies wall to where phones are today.....can't even imagine what the next 50 -75 years will bring, can you?
Best Regards!
01-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey my iPhone is always with me and works pretty decent as a camera :-) your picture is pretty good I like it
01-04-2011, 03:28 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks but it's not about the quality, it's more about the picture itself, do you like it? Yes no? Why? What can I improve?

01-04-2011, 05:13 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmm...I am not sure whether you were deliberately trying to get a crooked shot with the building slanted like that. That does not work for me.

One side of the picture appears blurred too. The toes of the statue are cut off which is definitely better than cutting them off at the ankle or knee. Placing the statue in one side of the picture is a good thing, many people put it smack dab in the middle.

Welcome to the club.
01-04-2011, 06:33 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Yes, unfortunately there were no ISO, zoom or other adjustment options. I had to climb on a lightpole to get this shot, haha!

But yes, I was trying to take a picture without any tourists, advertisements or grafitis in it!
01-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree with psychdoc.

Congratulations for climbing to get the shot you wanted. Now you might try tweaking the orientation to reduce or eliminate the tilt. You'll lose part of the bottom of the stature, but I think you might prefer that to the tilt.

Welcome to the forum, and best wishes for the coming year.