Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #1

San Francisco Bay at Dusk
Lens: Pentax K135mm f/2.5 Camera: Pentax K7 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F2.4 

Please critique. First time I've taken a panorama. Spur of the moment situation...saw the sun setting over the city and thought it looked gorgeous so I stopped the car and started clicking. Yes I know I probably should have shot the photos in portrait instead of landscape, and I know I should have adjusted ISO and aperture (I wish it were much sharper). But I guess that's what happens when you get a panicky noob with no tripod.

Any suggestions? It sure was fun to get even if this first one didn't turn out so great.
Edited awkwardly in CS5

Last edited by dasuhu; 01-10-2011 at 03:20 PM.
01-11-2011, 12:38 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
San Francisco Bay at Dusk

Tried to overcome some of your complaints a bit by sharpening and brightening etc. in PP. Nice job you did.
Attached Images

01-11-2011, 07:07 AM   #3

I like the photograph. And I think the unsharpened version is better - probably is more true to the moment. If I were to do any editing of it, I would probably dodge a bit of the dark streaking that appeared as a result of (presumably) images being stitched/overlapped. I might also rotate it slightly counter-clockwise and crop off a bit more of the city-scape along the bottom of the image.

When you are pulled to the side of the road and just grabbing what you can, sometimes you have to "settle" for something that isn't perfect. However, I do think this is a pretty decent image.