Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #1

Eva
Lens: 50.0mm Camera: K-20 Photo Location: NJ ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/1500s Aperture: F4 

Comments please.

Attached Images

01-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Comments? Compliments! Very nice, natural, well done.
01-22-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Disagree with the above comment other than it being natural.
Constructive comments from me are such:
1. Central composition in a landscape oriented image for this portrait is uninteresting. Consider ways of framing portraits to best capture the beauty of the subject, and make it most appealing for the viewer.
2. The harsh natural lighting is quite unflattering and a poor choice for this image. Areas of burnt out highlights along with distracting shadow areas make for an undesirable result.
3. The subject is not sharp where it matters - her face, and her eyes in particular.
4. Pose - appears to be natural but again not the most flattering. She has unbalanced shoulders and an incidental smile that doesn't make the viewer look deeper into the portrait.
5. Background - not the best choice, distracting and not complementary.

Perhaps do some research on what makes portraits work and you may get more impressive results. If this was not the intent of the portrait, then just disregard all this - but then again if so, then this image is not suitable for C&C.
01-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
Inactive Account

IMO, your subject and you should be happy with this as most should others who may view it. The flower in her hair, her Halter, fun jewelery, the sun glasses and the sunshine impart the idea of a vacation in a sunny location. The doorway provides a great frame. You did well to capture her eyes, etc. (Ash and I must be seeing something different on our monitors, mine was re-calibrated before I commented.) in conditions of contrasting light and shadow. This looks typical of what I've seen with my own eyes on such occasions. I suggest that if Ash's critique were followed the venue and ambiance would be lost. But that is, or course, a woman's perspective.

01-23-2011, 03:22 AM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sparkle Quote
Ash and I must be seeing something different on our monitors, mine was re-calibrated before I commented.
Seems conceited. Sorry you have to go through this ciapek. Please disregard this irrelevant stuff.

QuoteQuote:
I suggest that if Ash's critique were followed the venue and ambiance would be lost. But that is, or course, a woman's perspective.
You may be right. That's why free advice is to be taken with the same value...
Hope we've been even in the least helpful to you ciapek...