Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #16
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I liked the first version better. I liked the mood of it better than the lighter one.

01-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would like to take my comments back.

I was looking at your pic on my ipad today, and it looked totally different.

I still like the later version of it, but at the same time, when people including myself are looking at your pic on differently calibrated monitors, the opinions that hinge on subtleties just will not be all that reliable. In fact, I find it silly.

So, until I see a print of it, my comments regarding shadows and dark area shall remain a complete nonsense . . . .
01-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hamilton Quote
Here is a lighter version for comparison
I think your composition is perfect. The lighting is better in the lighter shot ,but I like the darker version as well. When composing this type of shot with something close in the foreground, you could use a softened flash to bring it up a little. One of the things I do when looking at a landscape shot, is ask myself "would it look good as a painting". This would. Thanks for posting.