Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What's the Time?
Lens: Nokton 58MM F 1.4 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Texas ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F4.5 

Pizza Time,of course!

Nokton 58mm 1/50 F4.5 ISO 200
[IMG] [/IMG]
We spent yesterday afternoon eating Pizza and Hot Wings, and taking about 5G of varying poses....mostly to try out different lenses and lighting, and as always to have some fun. We did!

Lacie was her usual lovely self.....as sweet as she is pretty!
DA* 50-135 1/60 F8 ISO 200@135mm
[IMG] [/IMG]

Shelby decided to ditch the black hair and go back to her original color...or closer to it. Made me happy!
DA* 50-135 1/60 F8 ISO 200 @ 103MM
[IMG] [/IMG]

Shelby...so many different looks.....
DA* 50-135 1/60 F8 ISO 200 @ 123MM

I used five different lenses yesterday to experiment, which was mostly what we were doing, and in the end the DA*50-135 remains my top choice for this style of shooting. I use it mainly MF, since it is slow to AF and often won't fire when it does lock on the target. Still, the optics are very excellent throughout the range, and it is easy enough to MF.
Good we did this yesterday....a Blizzard hit last night and we are all iced in today with 40mph winds howling and snow blowing!
Best Regards!
Rupert

02-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
Inactive Account

YES!!! Shelby is Back! I can see some movement in her hand in that last photo. For my taste, it's a little bright. Looked at your flickr and see that you had EV comp at +0.7. Might try dialing that down a little, it's a little bright IMO. Maybe that's just my own taste though.

The shot of Lacie looks great (already commented on her in another thread) and what could be better than a pretty girl enjoying a snack.

02-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Jeff, see if this makes any sense. I am a better shooter than I am.......

I was over exposing a lot, not checking my settings, and in general just not paying attention on this shoot. Still, I did get a few decent shots that the girls liked. As always, we had more fun than we did good luck! Yes, it was nice to see Shelby get her hair color back!

A couple more similar.......

Shelby
[IMG] [/IMG]

Lacie
[IMG] [/IMG]

Next time we will do better! If it wasn't for "next time" I would just give it up!

Best Regards!
02-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Last couple are good ones Rupert.
Nice pose, nice lighting setup. Soft yet bold.
Now the only suggestion for improvement is to create a more dynamic background with extra lights.

02-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Rupert,
I was wondering, did you use a tripod during these shots? Nice looking family you have there!
02-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ash, we have been talking about the background and we need to do something different. Any idea you have to offer would be appreciated. Outside is no good for another 6-8 weeks (weather) , but I would still be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Kent, no, I gave up the tripod, it just limits movement too much and unless I have a zoom mounted I miss too many opportunities to get close when needed. I just move around a lot and use different angles. I lose some sharpness and detail, but it seems a good trade off for what I want to get.

Best Regards!
02-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thanks Jeff, see if this makes any sense. I am a better shooter than I am.......

I was over exposing a lot, not checking my settings, and in general just not paying attention on this shoot. Still, I did get a few decent shots that the girls liked. As always, we had more fun than we did good luck! Yes, it was nice to see Shelby get her hair color back!

A couple more similar.......

Shelby
[/url] [/IMG]

Lacie
[/url] [/IMG]

Next time we will do better! If it wasn't for "next time" I would just give it up!

Best Regards!
Surprisingly, it does make sense.

I actually went and looked at your flickr from the last several days. I did see the one you show here of Shelby and like it a lot better. Perhaps it's just the pose. With the first one you posted, you have a B&W version that looks pretty decent.

02-03-2011, 02:45 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Wow Shelby has wonderful eyes
« "Anastasija" | Ice »