Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Friend or Foe
Lens: Sigma DC 55-200mm Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Victoria, Australia ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F4.5 

Larger Image is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/morrison_scott/5453373048/

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum/Photography in general. I have only been shooting for a month or so.

I am trying to improve my composition, and general presentation.

Could i get some constructive feedback from you guys on where i could improve.

This includes watermark; Size, Style, Transparency. On top of general technique.

Thanks in advance!

-Scott

Last edited by Chaos_Realm; 02-18-2011 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Insert link to larger photo
02-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
Inactive Account

That's one brave rodent. Probably one of those shots that isn't easily repeated. It Looks a little front focused on the grass. Still a good use of selective focus to isolate the subject. Colors look natural on my screen. Photo is well presented leaving me to wonder what they are both looking at causing them to put inbred differences aside.

02-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

If this is not a photoshop trick, that's a wonderful photo. Congrats.
02-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Cheers guys, JeffJS I think you might be right there. Would I have been better to maybe use a f6 aperture to get a bit more depth of focus? as i feel the near side of the cats head was sharp but the whiskers are out.
This was definitely on of those fluke shots. It was just as a bit of a storm system was coming in and I think the thunder spooked them. (Also meant there was lots of nitrogen in the the air so the grass was really green)