Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2011, 04:44 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A few shots...looking to improve
Lens: da40 & m 50 /1.7 Camera: K-X & K10D 

Hola,

My abilities have plateaued as a photographer and I am hoping that this critique can refresh my eye. These are my favorite shots as of late. Please let me know how they could be improved, especially in regard to composition. Thanks.

Peter

Attached Images

02-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'll just comment on the first.....

I like the lines going in all directions. This aspect of the photo really works so your eye is catching some very interesting stuff.

I don't know if you tried to accomplish it but the lack of truly vertical or horizontal lines keeps you focussing on the image trying to dissect it. That said time should be spent, at the time of framing, to find the rotation of the image to maximize this disorientation effect.

As a photo of lines its nice to keep'em straight so a focal length more tele than wide is preferred. I don't know the lens you used but I find myself wishing it was a bit more tele.

Cropping
I'd lose the the arm of the chair on the left side.
The leg that just touches the bottom of the photo either needs more floor or less leg.

I like the tonality of the image but I'd like to see it a little sharper.

This is a great example of finding beauty and interest in the corner of the room. My kind of photography. Thanks for sharing.