Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Some Pin Up
Lens: DA 40mm 2.8 Camera: k-r Photo Location: house ISO: 100 Aperture: F8 

Wouldn't mind some criticism of these:
First picture is wide open, rest are f8 if I recall correctly.

03-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Very nice.
Cheers, Pickles.
03-17-2011, 07:10 PM - 1 Like   #3
MSM
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the images, I would work on the framing. In the second image you need to get the window out of the frame. Also it would be great if you work at cropping in on the model making it a little more abstract. Just my opinion, but this is one area that I think less is more. Makes the image more interesting by not showing everything.

Edit: photo 1: try a close crop of face and chest
2: most of the torso but leave out the face. This one is hard as i don't like the position of the hand.
3: just th legs with a little rear end in portrait mode

Last edited by MSM; 03-17-2011 at 07:19 PM.
05-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
1st pic. I think it could've looked better if you took the picture more from the right and she looked at you. You cropped the hair and part of her arm.

2nd pic you cut her foot off, there's too much space on top and I agree with the window comment above.

3rd the things in the background are distracting and not very flattering I mean I can almost hear the flush
also she looks uncomfortable there, too tight and her armpit looks fat.

In other comments I think when working with models you have to pay attention on the makeup as well. For me her face is not interesting I would make the brows a little darker so her face has more definition, maybe gloss on her lips or darker color would help her expression to be more interesting.

Hope I helped a little
Starbit

05-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll have to think on these for a bit... but I will say up front... I really really like the model! Lots of potential there and if y'all can put some time in working together you should be able to get some stunning images.

As for her face... she has a classic face with a nice edge. As mentioned some better makeup is needed, but she already has a darn near perfect canvas.

Mike
05-09-2011, 01:28 AM   #6
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
1st - you cut off her hand and tip of the shoe
2nd - you cut off her foot
3rd - too big DOF for my tastes

I think cropping would help all three of them,
Next time be more careful when framing the shots
05-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Agree on the framing comments. Also on makeup. Natural is for moment captures. For model pictures, you definitely need to pay attention on makeup. Finally, I would like to mention lighting. Since it seems you are using available lights, I would capitalize on them. If you dont have flashes, make sure the use of available lights is well done. Turn some lights off, turn some lights on, take shots close to window at sunsets or sunrise, or cover the lights with colored tissues. You know, anything for fun. The shot will take longer to set up, but you'll get better results.

« Red | birds »