Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Spring
Lens: DA40 Camera: K-X Photo Location: Ohio ISO: 100 

Spring in and around town. My first attempts to shoot in RAW. I remember reading a review of the K-X saying JPEG and RAW potential were not far apart but I think I have come to disagree. Comments appreciated. Thanks all.

Peter

Attached Images

03-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I shoot Raw almost exclusively for the Oops! factor. for instance, last night I was out shooting the moon and northern lights which crete white balance problems. Got in and discovered I had not switched from a tungsten setting I had used when I was shooing the kids inside earlier in the day. You have a lot more room in post processing with RAW. They take up much more space so you will need storage on or offline but I periodically houseclean, shipping a lot off to archives or simply converting a lot to jpegs.