Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #1

NSFW... Heat of the Moment
Lens: cell phone Camera: Motorola Atrix Android Cell Phone 

I recently purchased a new Motorola Atrix which is an Android based cell phone. Many of the reviews I read prior to purchasing it raved about the quality of the on-board camera and now I have to agree. This image was taken with the phones 5MP camera then processed through Adobe Lightroom 2. The rich darkness is intentional and was achieved via Lightroom, not via the camera's original exposure. Your thoughts? . . . . yes, that is my hand

04-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Interesting "grab shoot." Last time i did that my girl friend slapped me on the back of the head.
04-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Given the obvious context, this image is borderline acceptable for the forum so be aware, if we get any complaints it will have to be pulled.

As for a critique... Its pretty good coming from a cell phone and the tonal range is actually pretty nice. Not a big fan of the composition though. The breast is in an odd position in the frame and the way your hand comes into the frame is awkward. The amorphous shape in the upper left, which I can only assume is her face, distracts from the rest of the image. If it were just a little clearer it would actually anchor the rest of the phot and provide much needed context but as it is it is just a distracting shape.

Mike
04-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm also not keen on the composition or the 'grabbed' look of the breast - although not overtly offensive to me it's not a flattering depiction of the human body or interaction between the hand and breast. The lighting is also flat and lifeless in the rendition of texture in the image, which to me is an important feature of such a nude shot.

It's difficult to suggest anything for this particular image, but perhaps consider a different 'arrangement' of the hand(s) to the woman's torso, utilising the self-timer or remote to get more of a appreciable 'look' at the context and beauty of the subject.

04-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

It doesn't "upset" me, we're all adults here, so I've got no worries in that respect......having said that, it's not one of my favourites.
Cheers, Pickles.
04-15-2011, 06:16 AM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry, but as nudes go, this is about as artistically pleasing as the Janet Jackson "wardrobe failure" video.
04-15-2011, 07:16 AM   #7
Veteran Member

a bit too aggressive for me to consider it as art. Just my opinion...

04-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Sorry, but as nudes go, this is about as artistically pleasing as the Janet Jackson "wardrobe failure" video.
HAHAHAHAAH!
And yes, I'd consider it over the top in terms of context also.
04-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #9

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your input and comments. This was just a fun experiment with the phone's camera. As for this image being "borderline acceptable". . . please... a bare breast is "borderline?" now that's a scary thought.
04-18-2011, 05:08 AM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

It's the context.
As for scary thoughts; it's a little disconcerting to me that you don't see a difference in message or propriety in "a bare breast" and a bare breast being grabbed forcefully.

Last edited by Parallax; 04-18-2011 at 07:34 AM.
04-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zack Quote
Thanks everyone for your input and comments. This was just a fun experiment with the phone's camera. As for this image being "borderline acceptable". . . please... a bare breast is "borderline?" now that's a scary thought.
Zack, as Jim says... "it's the context!"

Mike

Last edited by MRRiley; 04-18-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Closed Thread