Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2007, 02:33 AM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery
turtle

10-29-2007, 07:37 AM   #2

I love shots like this. The splash of color on the side of the turtle's head is an attention getter. The front foot, under the water looks almost like it is an extension of the turtle's head.
10-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
and
Veteran Member

hm, I dont know..

Im impressed you got that close. the picture looks very flat to me. but I know its difficult when the subject is half submerged in water like that. you have the leaf in the bottom right, the shell with some highlight on it in top tight, then the submerged foot, and the head, they are all taking attention and the shot gets a bit flat. but what can i suggest. look out for the highlight on the shell and for lily leafs that are not submerged and have shine and reflections from the sun.
10-29-2007, 02:57 PM   #4

Original Poster
I was focused on head only, to take photo before he retracts his head. And haven't seen the right front foot and head relation, and other attention challenging parts like the shell and lily leaves. Thank you.

11-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

The eyes are not bright and clear enough. Selective brightening and cleaning up of the eys would certain transform the shot. The water was too cool that the impurity were rather clear in which some adjustment of colour temperature might help to reverse that.