Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-15-2011, 05:58 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
Comic book/noir style
Camera: K-R ISO: 800 

Let me know what you all think of this one. I am pretty happy with it. Taken with the dal 18-50 kit lens.

Last edited by Metalwizards; 04-15-2011 at 06:08 PM.
04-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #2

I like it alot, i think you could crop the sky down a bit though. Maybe to the top of that zig zag branch. other than that, cool! Looks like a Springfield XD?
04-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatgatgat223 Quote
I like it alot, i think you could crop the sky down a bit though. Maybe to the top of that zig zag branch. other than that, cool! Looks like a Springfield XD?
Yeah I was hesitant to crop it because some part of me hoped the extra space added to it. But you are right, it needs a crop to tighten the image. That's an air-soft gun I borrowed from my brother haha.
04-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gatgatgat223 Quote
+1 to what he said... great image... very different pov

04-16-2011, 04:52 AM   #5
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well done, including the catch light in her eye. I agree with cropping from the top.
04-16-2011, 06:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I like it as it is...the extra space on the top reinforces the point of view...it puts her eyes almost on the center of the frame (wich i like since they get a lot of attention) and give this dinamic moving like feel.
This low angle shot benefits of that extra space..it exagerates the perspective.
04-25-2011, 03:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Coeurdechene Quote
I like it as it is...the extra space on the top reinforces the point of view...it puts her eyes almost on the center of the frame (wich i like since they get a lot of attention) and give this dinamic moving like feel.
This low angle shot benefits of that extra space..it exagerates the perspective.
Ditto....

The only reason it would need to be cropped is because I had to scroll my monitor to see the image. If this was a print....I think you'd want the space up top to reinforce the perspective.

05-04-2011, 05:29 AM   #8

Not to sound perv or anything but most Noir/comic etc female shots (drawn etc) show cleavage.

Same pose except coming from her (as I turn away from the monitor to learn my right from left) left front about 3 feet out and a foot off her shoulder.

You (she) wants a distraction from the gun til its to late.
05-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aknot Quote
Not to sound perv or anything but most Noir/comic etc female shots (drawn etc) show cleavage.

Same pose except coming from her (as I turn away from the monitor to learn my right from left) left front about 3 feet out and a foot off her shoulder.

You (she) wants a distraction from the gun til its to late.
Good point. I'll try for more bewbies next time