Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Film in studio
Lens: 77 ltd Camera: Pentax Me Se ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F8 

04-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
You've got a great idea on the first one. Two simple critiques. First is that it looks like focus is on her knees. It seems like her face is a little OOF. Have to see a larger image. Secondly, there's something a bit awkward about the pose. I think it's because both her elbows are locked. She seems uncomfortable. Maybe sitting on the bottom one of the steps with her elbow proping her up on the top step with the right arm, left arm draped across her thighs casually. Not sure.

Second one, the lighting is just not flattering. It highlights the small imperfections, along with the fact that she's shaking her head. A bit under exposed on the subject, also.

Looks like you've got some creative ideas. That's a big part of it. Look forward to seeing more.
04-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Rory!
There are more pictures will come later. Work (

Last edited by Svyatosha; 04-17-2011 at 02:25 PM.
04-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm sure the original images would be sharper than what these scans appear to be.
These are beautiful and candid poses of very pretty women.
I like your arrangements in the images.

#1 is attractive but Rory's comments are spot on. It also appears like the image has been shrunk in the horizontal aspect, perhaps. There looks to be a little too much lighting everywhere in the portrait and a resultant overexposure, whilst #2 is indeed a little the other way in the focal point.

04-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
K-9
Veteran Member

Hard to judge exact sharpness and exposure from film scans, so I won't touch on that.

Shot 1 - overall pretty decent studio look, but watch that awkwardly placed lower leg. Makes the knee look odd.
Shot 2 - angle of lighting doesn't do her face justice; adds puffiness look to below her eyes
Shot 3 - an ok candid, but position of fingers looks awkward
Shot 4- probably the best of the four; I like the blue background; I'd crop the tan blanket out of the lower corner
05-03-2011, 05:34 AM   #6

sweet girl! nice photo.