Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
At The Blacksmiths' Forge #1
Lens: Takumar F 28-80 1:3.5-4.5 Camera: K100D Photo Location: Michigan ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F4 

Handheld.
I'd be pleased to get your response to this photo and also whether you prefer this treatment or the treatment in photo #2 of the same scene from a different angle and with different aperture and shutter speed.
Thanks very much.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 

Last edited by smf; 04-17-2011 at 11:46 AM.
04-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I'm no expert, but the dark foreground, where the tools are, seems off. Makes me want to see what tools are there. They (would) add to the character of the composition, IMO. Thanks for contributing!
04-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #3
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks very much.
05-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #4

lighten up!

I don't know you Lilian, and you certainly don't give much info in your bio/profile to back up your opinion, but looking at all your posts, you really are a sourpuss.

I think the idea here is to say something constructive without being totally abusively negative.

If you've got the creds to back up your work, then let's see it. otherwise, maybe remember a fine rule - can't say anything nice (or constructive), don't say anything at all.

Bottom line, your comments did nothing to help the original poster improve the image posted, or do something better in the future.

Have a day.

05-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
Pentaxian

The foreground is very dark and does not allow the viewer to really see anything other than a pyramid of fire.