Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
Inactive Account

[langtitle=id]ceremony[/langtitle]
Camera: Kx Photo Location: Jakarta 

One moment on ceremonial saraswati day...
please give me advice for my picture..

Last edited by balunz; 05-19-2014 at 07:52 PM.
04-24-2011, 01:52 AM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
balunz they're nice for a record of what you'd seen, but do suffer from oversaturation in #1, poor contrast in #2, some distracting things in #3 and not sure what to make of #4.

I do appreciate you shoot in quite oppressive conditions, I've just passed by your country myself, so keep at it and focus on shooting the one subject up close and try to frame the shot to avoid distracting background features in the image.
04-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
balunz they're nice for a record of what you'd seen, but do suffer from oversaturation in #1, poor contrast in #2, some distracting things in #3 and not sure what to make of #4.

I do appreciate you shoot in quite oppressive conditions, I've just passed by your country myself, so keep at it and focus on shooting the one subject up close and try to frame the shot to avoid distracting background features in the image.
Thank you, i need some advice like this to gain my knowledge about making photos, but i want to ask you, my second picture taken from manual lens super ozeck 135mm, i take with metering on 0 exposure position, does iam wrong?? or maybe i must take the picture in under metering exposure?? please give me some advice about taking picture in bright condition.
04-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The problem is the combination of harsh sunlight and the shadows it can have cast on your subjects from trees or other tall objects in the sun's path.

#2 has both very bright areas in the background, and dark areas in the subject of the photo. This is a difficult task for the camera to handle for you. It is simply not optimal conditions to take a photo. But as it is, you either take it and have something, or don't take it and don't have any photo of the scene.

04-25-2011, 02:48 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
many thanks for your advice....
« little kid | Urban »