Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2011, 10:26 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fun with the Easter Bunny
Lens: DA 70 Camera: K5 Photo Location: San Jose ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/2000s Aperture: F3.2 

Hi, my first time earnestly submitting for a critique here. Take it easy on me I was really pleased with the composition and capture of my son here, I was particularly interested in any impressions of my post processing. While not heavy, I certainly did raise some contrast and saturation levels to make the grass pop more. Thanks!

04-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
You may have focused it at the wrong target, cause from what I see, the bunny is sharp in focus but not so much of your son. Additionally, the bunny was better exposed than the boy (the boy's face is "hidden" in the shadow), making one focus the attention more towards the bunny (again) and not the kiddo.
04-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mkvlln Quote
(the boy's face is "hidden" in the shadow),
Thanks. Is your monitor calibrated? On mine, the shadow isn't that harsh. If you take into effect the dynamic range of the photograph, the shadow (I thought) wasn't so bad. Point taken on the focal target, the rabbit doesn't move If you look at the grass blades, the focal depth of field seems to be in the right range. I'm chalking it up as little guy movement. I felt the slight softness worked for the overall photo, but you guys are the critiquers.
04-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I guess some fill flash would have worked well on the kid.

Otherwise, a fun shot!