Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Inactive Account

HDR test
Lens: DAL 18-55mm Camera: Kx Photo Location: TMII ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F9.5 

hi all, please give me advice about my HDR capture below.
I just combine HDR, Monochrome IR and raising 1 step contrast on custom Digital filter.

Last edited by balunz; 05-19-2014 at 07:52 PM.
05-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

bad. you probably done it without a tripod
05-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thank you for advice...i dont have a tripod yet...hehe
05-02-2011, 02:31 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Without a tripod you have to shot in RAW mode and make the Hdr from that single shot.

05-02-2011, 03:34 AM   #5

Hi balunz,
Although it is best to have a tripod when shooting an HDR if I were to adhere to that rule I would have exactly zero HDR photos taken. With careful hand held shots then processing via Photomatix, which has an align by feature option, I have been able to capture some nice HDR scenes.
So to your photo, I like it. It has some good contrasts and looks interesting. Probably would have been just another "blah" shot if not processed in IR and HDR. So continue to do the best with what you have available at the time rather than wait for perfection.
05-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by weneto Quote
Without a tripod you have to shot in RAW mode and make the Hdr from that single shot.
Yes, i do it on this photo..

QuoteOriginally posted by LScrabeck Quote
Hi balunz,
Although it is best to have a tripod when shooting an HDR if I were to adhere to that rule I would have exactly zero HDR photos taken. With careful hand held shots then processing via Photomatix, which has an align by feature option, I have been able to capture some nice HDR scenes.
So to your photo, I like it. It has some good contrasts and looks interesting. Probably would have been just another "blah" shot if not processed in IR and HDR. So continue to do the best with what you have available at the time rather than wait for perfection.
many thanks for your advice LScrabeck, i agree with you, i just need more practice n exploring my kx. i want to ask you, is the gorillapod good?? i need some advice to buy tripod, a cheap one also hehe
05-03-2011, 03:11 AM   #7

I've never used a GorillaPod so don't know much about them. I have a couple of tripods and honestly don't use them very often. Got a MonoPod a couple years ago and use that most of the time when needing a bit more stability. It's more compact, easier to use quickly and does the job I want.