Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Inactive Account

[langtitle=id]Macro Test[/langtitle]
Lens: DAL 18-55mm Camera: Kx Photo Location: Harapan Indah ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F9.5 

hi all,
i just try some macro photos, i use kit lens 18-55mm (without reverse adapter) and popup diffuser on internal flash. please advice how to make good macro photo. thanks

Last edited by balunz; 05-19-2014 at 07:52 PM.
05-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The last one is a stand out for me! Well done!!

For better macro it is probably a good idea to get a dedicated macro lens. Like Tamron 90mm f2.8 or one of many 105mm macro (Kiron, Vivitar, Lester Dine) or Tokina macro. Of course Pentax own 100mm macro WR is very good and offers weather resistance too but would be more expensive.

Steady hand or tripod, sunny conditions or external flash would be best.
05-03-2011, 01:59 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DanielT74 Quote
The last one is a stand out for me! Well done!!

For better macro it is probably a good idea to get a dedicated macro lens. Like Tamron 90mm f2.8 or one of many 105mm macro (Kiron, Vivitar, Lester Dine) or Tokina macro. Of course Pentax own 100mm macro WR is very good and offers weather resistance too but would be more expensive.

Steady hand or tripod, sunny conditions or external flash would be best.
thank you daniel, macro lens too expensive for me.
i dont have any tripod yet,
05-08-2011, 03:59 AM   #4
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum and to close-up photography!

Your third photo is excellent.

Focusing on the subject's eye is often recommended. That technique is beautifully displayed in your third photo.

You might enjoy and learn from photos posted and suggestions given by photographer Mike Moats at mikemoatsblog.com

He provides links to some other helpful websites. One is Going to the Macro Nature Forum

Best wishes.

05-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote

Focusing on the subject's eye is often recommended. That technique is beautifully displayed in your third photo.

You might enjoy and learn from photos posted and suggestions given by photographer Mike Moats at mikemoatsblog.com

He provides links to some other helpful websites. One is Going to the Macro Nature Forum

Best wishes.
Thank you very much....its helpfull for newbie like me...
05-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
my another macro
please advice...

Last edited by balunz; 05-19-2014 at 07:52 PM.
05-11-2011, 06:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote

Best wishes.
Thank you for linking this website! I joined it immediately (always join a macro forum) and after posting found out Mike Moats wants to promote me and my pictures on his blog with "interview" questions and all

In addition, I won the macro contest and got a $200 editing software called viveza 2