Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #1

shadow to strong ?
ISO: 400 

is the shadow in the back to strong and distracting ?

Attached Images

05-16-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
Oso
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think that the crop of the image could be altered a bit, as the bird is looking off to the right, off of the image. I usually give "room" for the subject to "see" into, so I would have allowed more room on the right of the bird for it to look off into. My eye seems to look at the couple in the background and not at the bird because of the crop. There really appears to be no "definite" subject in the image.

Another thing that could help with the background is a more creative approach to the aperture setting, as a lower aperture would give a shallower depth of field, obscuring the background and separating the subject more effectively from the background.

I feel the focus is off slightly also, as I would prefer that the birds eyes were more in focus, not it's back.

Also, the tree is a little close to it's head and I find that a bit awkward.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
critique, photography, shadow