Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sunrise at Daytona

All

I recently purchased Pentax K100D Super with the 18-55 mm lens. This is my first post and the first set of pictures I had taken over the weekend. Please review these pics and suggest me if any improvents can be made on the composition or other features....

Thanks
Suresh

11-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #2
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I dont think the sky above the clouds is very interesting at all, so imo you have too much of it, it would be better to include the beach instaed of the sky. like in nr 2 there is a bit of the beach. Also tighter cropping could be an alternative. The last picture is not very good, the composition is poor, there is just a lot of sky and a little bit of could at the bottom.

there are some nice sunrays coming through the cloud but you need to crop tighter to show it. Also the coulds on the sides are not very interesting either so unless you want to crop it really tight you could also consider doing portrait orientation instad so you can focus on the sunbeam instead of including a lot of unlit sky and water. if you look at the first picture then what is nice about it, the sun behind the coulds and the line it is making on the water. the rest is not very interesting so crop it out.