Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Leaf Fun.. part two...

I tried my leaf pics again.. and here is what I came up with.. I have cropped them down and posted them in the regualar area as well... Let me know if you think they are better...

Both were taken in AV mode... 1/250, ISO 200, 43 MM, f/8.0

I don't know if they are better or not... I did give it a second try on a differnet mode!!!

11-07-2007, 04:39 AM   #2
JMR
Veteran Member

You have no clear message or area for the viewer to focus on. I do not mean in terms of sharpness but rather of interest. Try focusing on the three or four small leaves and remember that what is in your picture space, including the out-of-foucus highlights around any main element, such as your leaves, will also have a bearing on your overall picture.

These are more like macro shots. Try practicing on flowers and you will notice the backgrounds are out of focus because of shallow depth of field- that is the area of clear focus.
11-07-2007, 06:36 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Second one works a bit better as those two leaves in the center are more or less in focus.
I LOVE Fall colors! Keep up the good work!
-Evan
11-09-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I saw these before but didnt comment, its interesting you posted from the same series in the post your photos section but there you had cropped the second shot just like I would have suggested. you should have posted the cropped version instead

The key as others have said, is point of interest. I do think these are better than your last ones in terms of image quality, you know lens flare reduces image quality and you get that when you aim the lens straight at the sun.

the sharpness in the second one is very good and you have a point of interest so it works better than the first shot. still the point of interest is drowning in the grass and the shot should be cropped like you had done with your other version.

the first one is technically good but there is not point of interest, point of interest can be a single object that is emphasized with focus or lighting or it can be lines and shapes.

one thing, this might be just me, I dont really like oof foreground objects, if you have an object in the background and you get it very oof so its just a blur then thats great, if you do the same to a foreground object then you get some blob in front of your subject that looks like it shouldnt be there, its covering the subject and its annoying. I dont think its such a great idea to put the camera down into the grass because this will happen, you can still keep it low though, just try to avoid the clutter of the grass.