Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2011, 06:16 AM   #1
Inactive Account

[langtitle=id]Lotus[/langtitle]
Lens: DAL 18-55mm Camera: Kx Photo Location: Bogor ISO: 50 

Please critique my photos...

Last edited by balunz; 05-19-2014 at 07:52 PM.
06-01-2011, 06:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The first shot is a beautiful, serene image. Any Buddhist would love to have that on their wall. You did well to have the flower head over a dark patch of water, where it could glow without distraction. The diagonal of the stem makes a nice bold statement and the colours are lush, as befits the subject. Personally I'd crop or clone out the leaf at the top left, keeping the image dark in that sector, to stop the eye from wandering off the flower. Very nice indeed.

For me the second shot lacks a strong subject. I was hoping to see an insect, a frog, a bird, anything on one of those lilypads. Empty as they are I find the image as a whole a bit empty. Next time, if you wait around for a while you might get lucky!
06-01-2011, 07:10 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Wombat Quote
The first shot is a beautiful, serene image. Any Buddhist would love to have that on their wall. You did well to have the flower head over a dark patch of water, where it could glow without distraction. The diagonal of the stem makes a nice bold statement and the colours are lush, as befits the subject.
Agreed ... although with the first picture, I wonder if the subject was the flower or the little fella (turtle?) resting his head on the leaf at the base. Either way, a nice shot.

Also, is it me, or is the light (or PP) a little flat in both these images?
06-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
i do crop in first image but i leave some space in upper of flower, thank you for your advice, may i try some editing to avoid that.
you right about second image, its lack of strong object, my idea is just about plate,
thank you for your advice sir...its very useful for gaining my skill

06-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjthiel Quote
Agreed ... although with the first picture, I wonder if the subject was the flower or the little fella (turtle?) resting his head on the leaf at the base. Either way, a nice shot.

Also, is it me, or is the light (or PP) a little flat in both these images?
yes, it is the light, i change the exposure to reduce the light to get strong color at the flower, but thanks for correction
06-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice result. As above, the subject is too small in the frame, and should be cropped for the viewer to appreciate its full splendour. Framing is important in this regard. The lighting may be a little flat, but it worked reasonably well here, as it suits the soft rendition of this unique flower.
06-01-2011, 07:54 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Nice result. As above, the subject is too small in the frame, and should be cropped for the viewer to appreciate its full splendour. Framing is important in this regard. The lighting may be a little flat, but it worked reasonably well here, as it suits the soft rendition of this unique flower.
thank you for correction, when i crop this image, i just want to show all parts of this flower, in future may i take some similiar picture in different angle. about lighting, may i try some editing exposure for this image. many thanks for your correction