Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Red boat
Lens: Pentax DA 50-200 Camera: Pentax K-x Photo Location: Hungary, Velencei-tó ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F4.5 

This was taken in the previous summer, and now I developed it with Bibble. How do you like the use of b&w plus one colour?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
06-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The colouring has worked to draw attention and the post-processing is reasonably well done, though the subject matter itself is less creatively composed in the image.

It's missing context and a perspective that would highlight the boat's predicament. What drew you to take this photo? By answering this question it would invoke some interest in the scene, looking for a way to frame it to highlight its message to the viewer.
06-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #3

Sorry to say that it does not work for me at all.

In particular, the color is bleeding beyond the boat structure (look at the end of the boat at 2 o'clock) and the water seeping into the boat now looks completely unrealistic.

Even if the color isolation could be executed more successfully, I am not sure I would like the technique for this particular picture. Water and reflections are an added challenge because the red of the hull would normally reflect in the water, but obviously doesn't here.
06-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you for the comments.
The boat looked abandoned, and slowly sinking.
pjthiel:
You are right, there is too much red. But I checked the original picture again. That was a cloudy day, the reflection of the hull was quite colorless.