Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-11-2011, 12:45 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
Reflection
Lens: 18-55mm Camera: K-r 

Hi, hope to receive some advises or correction on my photo. Any C & C is very much appreciated!

06-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just a quick observation on the first picture:

If you want to frame this picture and hang it on the wall you feel like you have to fix the hook left of centre to stop it from tilting. You know what I am trying to say?

Motive content is a bit far to the left and the right hand side therefore looks meager.

Greetings
06-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Just a quick observation on the first picture:

If you want to frame this picture and hang it on the wall you feel like you have to fix the hook left of centre to stop it from tilting. You know what I am trying to say?

Motive content is a bit far to the left and the right hand side therefore looks meager.

Greetings
I agree with what you are saying and I feel the same way about the last photo as well. Maybe a tighter crop, because I don't think the top and bottom add much and same with the 2 lonely palm trees on the right.

By the way, I love the middle shot Very serene, still scene and the colors perfectly compliment that mood.
06-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #4

Original Poster
@Schraubstock and cali92rs

Thanks to you both for your advices! Now that you guys mentioned it, both the pictures does seem lopsided to me too. Guess i really should work on my composition then.

@cali92rs

Do you meant something like this?

06-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
While I agree with previous comments to a degree, I'd add a cautionary note to not get too slavish about balance. Often the tension of having elements out of balance can add drama and energy to an otherwise static and ordinary scene. It comes down to your personal taste and depth of creativity. And the best way I know of to hone that is to look at lots and lots of photographs by acknowledged masters and then go out and take lots and lots of photos of your own.
06-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #6

Original Poster
@Wombat

Thanks for the advices! I have been going around taking pictures as and when i'm free to improve my composition. Hope to learn more from all pentaxians around here!
06-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #7
Forum Member

Very nice cityscape picture. My first thought was similar - less content on the right side. I thought maybe you could get the moon there perhaps one-fourth from the edge, it would be fantastic/awesome But if that is not the east, then you could consider a paste job

Second one has more noise for me.

Cheers & TFS!

06-22-2011, 10:29 AM   #8
smf
Pentaxian

I like all 3 of the original photos. The following comment is extremely picky. In the second photo's center, I find the tiny white area and its reflection to be distracting.
Best wishes.
06-23-2011, 06:54 AM   #9

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice and kind words!