Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Flamenco dancer from the dark
Lens: da 50-200mm f/3.5-5.6 Camera: K200 Photo Location: Firminy, France ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F5 

A bit noisy shot of a flamenco dancer. That is the final pose of a solo performance while the lights were fading out. A challenging shot with a K200 and a kit lens. So, what are your impressions on this one? Big thanks.

06-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like it, but I'd probably crop from the right to eliminate the audience member in the foreground and perhaps the vertical lines to the right of the dancer. And I'd crop from the bottom to eliminate the small, light, horizontal area at far left.
You might want to experiment with increasing the contrast even more — perhaps dramatically — although I like soft colors in the fabric near the bottom of her costume.
06-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #3

Original Poster
Many thanks for your comment. I've done the crops but it is hard to remove white bars on the right without centering the subject. Difficult choice to make here ...

About the contrast, that is my mistake as the original was better on this aspect (I did some level adjustment).

In addition to the post processing, what would a pro do with this shot in particular, in your opinion?
06-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
PEG Gallery Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand................William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by alban Quote
In addition to the post processing, what would a pro do with this shot in particular, in your opinion?
Print in B&W, boost the contrast up until you get some real rich blacks and clone out the unwanted bits, but hey that's just me.