Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Drinking Fountain
Lens: CPC Phase 2 135/2.8 Camera: K2000 Photo Location: Horsham, PA ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F4 

My son was playing in the runoff from this fountain and it struck me as an interesting subject. I've been trying to improve my manual focus skills and I think I got pretty close on this one. If you look close, there's a bit of purple fringing here and there, but not too bad. I'd probably crop it a bit, but I'm not sure if it would look better with the faucet left or right of center.

07-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Hey Wedge, I like the idea... but it doesn't work all the way for me... Use the rule of thirds... Move your subject to one side or the other... I would crop in from the right... That way the water has room in the photo to move...
I would also suggest looking for a more interesting angle... good attempt!!
07-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alhpro Quote
Hey Wedge, I like the idea... but it doesn't work all the way for me... Use the rule of thirds... Move your subject to one side or the other... I would crop in from the right... That way the water has room in the photo to move...
I would also suggest looking for a more interesting angle... good attempt!!
Side to side isn't the only way to improve composition. IMO, the faucet can stay centered, but moved upward in the frame, showing more of the lettering down below.