Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Ok, lets hear it guys! Pinup Picture to critique

Well, I'd like to know which you like better and why because I'm going to have one blown up for promo stuff and need the input. Rip into them as much as you'd like to and tell me what you really think so I make the right decision. Let me know if there is any PP'ing that needs to be corrected before I go ahead and do the deed as well!

Image 1:

Image 2:

Image 3:

11-20-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I say use #3 as I am not fond of the stool you chose for a prop. I find that pose very sexy.

(Most guys will say, "Stool? I never saw a stool!" )
11-20-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Chris,

I would pick either image 2 or 3
I am with Jeff, the stool just doesn't do it for me, maybe if you got rid of the white feet on it, it might not stand out so much.
The 3rd image I like the pose, but the bra cutting into the natural curve of her breast(yes I said it :P) really kills it for me.

If you could do something about the stool standing out so much, I would choose image 2.
11-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
Veteran Member

# 3 is sexy, but the flower is cut off at the bottom, and honestly her breasts look like they're about to pop out. I don't find it very flattering to her. I would vote for #3 if not for that reason. (now if it was my wife in that outfit....!)

I agree with the other's assesments: the feet on the bar stool in #2 just really stand out, but I really like the pose and the lighting too. This isn't an easy choice here, Chris...

I'm going to have to say #2. #1 I love the pose, but the whole shot looks flatter, and I think I just realized why, the background is a few steps brighter than in the other two pictures, so you lose some of the separation between the model and the background.
(nice shots, btw).

12-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Image #2 does it for the Workingdog. Is it getting hot in here???????
12-14-2007, 09:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

#2 or #3, I think. I also had the same thought about the clipped ribbon on the flower, but let's be honest with ourselves.....nobody but a photographer is ever going to notice that. Hell, it took me quite a while before I realized she only has one glove.
12-14-2007, 09:31 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
#2 or #3, I think. I also had the same thought about the clipped ribbon on the flower, but let's be honest with ourselves.....nobody but a photographer is ever going to notice that. Hell, it took me quite a while before I realized she only has one glove.
Now you need to ask yourself why is it missing There is a great reason and the story behind it is wonderful and makes the scene that much better.

12-14-2007, 09:35 PM   #8
Veteran Member

so whats the story on the missing glove?

me? I'd take any of the three as a poster. and most of the other ones you took of her. Very good photography and a very attractive model.
12-14-2007, 11:09 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Now you need to ask yourself why is it missing There is a great reason and the story behind it is wonderful and makes the scene that much better.
No, the real question is how many of the guys who viewed this series are missing a sock. There is a great reason and the story behind it is sordid and disturbing.
12-14-2007, 11:41 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I like them all, and thanks for sending me her phone number Chris
12-14-2007, 11:59 PM   #11
Veteran Member

All stunning and hard to decide, sheesh. I like 1 for the pose, its a throw back to the vintage pin up posters, a designer could go to town with that shot incorporating text and graphics.... 2 looks more "Victorias Secret" and 3's face is stunning but her bra and boobs dont look as flattering to her imo.
12-15-2007, 06:06 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I ask myself whether I really want to comment and finally decide I should so here goes, no offence.

If I was to choose, it would be #3 by far, hands-down and hence my comments are on that picture.

I think the light coming in from the left is too bright, it creates too much of a shadow in the cleavage. You said these were pin-ups so I would say the breasts are way too safe.

I don't think the background is appropriate for this type of shot.
12-15-2007, 04:00 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I like the pose of #3 better but the processing in #1 has more impact. If I had to chose one, it would be #1.
12-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #14
SouthShoreRob

three

QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
# 3 is sexy, but the flower is cut off at the bottom, and honestly her breasts look like they're about to pop out.
Uh, um, Uh, I'm actually going to pick #3 for this exact reason, lol! Seriously though, all nice shots. Lovely model and lingerie. Not my type of shooting, but you're obviously good at it. Thanks for sharing.

Rob
12-17-2007, 01:57 AM   #15

#2 is my favorite.
#3 pose is not very artistic. It's too vulgar for this retro style.