Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dialing in My K7
Lens: Tamron 28-300 Camera: K7 Photo Location: TN ISO: 400 

Just outta the box, no post processing trying to get the low light dialed in (1st pic) and yes I have the threads on that subject just still fiddling with it. Also the AF seems to be locked in to the wrong part of the pic on one of them (last pic).

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
IPhone 4  Photo 

Last edited by jerryleejr; 09-10-2011 at 01:09 PM.
09-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Anyone?? or do these just look normal
09-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jerryleejr Quote
Just outta the box, no post processing trying to get the low light dialed in (1st pic) and yes I have the threads on that subject just still fiddling with it. Also the AF seems to be locked in to the wrong part of the pic on one of them (last pic).
Hi
First picture. I am not sure why, with all that light around, you chose to take the pic in deep shadow.
If you want to do this you need to roll up for the shoot with a bit of extra gear, the least of which would be fill flash. Your on board flash would have been fine for the start.
So unless you want the challenge for PP work, I see no reason to take the shot the way you did.

A fill flash would have resulted in something like this most likely.

Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 10-31-2011 at 07:18 AM.
09-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
#1 Agree with previous comments. Difficult lighting with bright background will give this result. Centre weighted metering might help if flash is not an option.
#2 Nothing extraordinary about the exposure on this one. A lot of the metering would be taken off the grass area. I would suggest zooming in to the children.
#3 It seems to me that this might be at or near the minimum focal distance for this type of lens. Perhaps a centre focus option with small aperture for greater depth of field of field may assist.

Keep working on it. You will enjoy the K7. I have to admit I was less that overwhelmed by the first few shots with mine.

« Gulls | First Shots »