Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Groyne, Cannes
Lens: pentax-m 50mm f1.7 Camera: Pentax kr Photo Location: cann ISO: 200 Aperture: F8 

rock groyne in france

Attached Images

09-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is just to much space and not enough of interest for my liking. You leave lots of room to showcase the sky, but the sky is rather bland. If the guy fishing is the subject of the photo al longer telephoto lens to get closer would help. With a different B&W conversion it may be possible to get some more detail out of the sky. Hope this helps!
09-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
ill just crop most probs- as far as B and W conversion is concerned, I rely on Gimp - any other suggestions?

Cheers.
09-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by chaza01 Quote
ill just crop most probs- as far as B and W conversion is concerned, I rely on Gimp - any other suggestions?

Cheers.
The conversion tool I use is a plug in for Aperture, Photoshop etc (Silver Efex)... So thats of no use for someone using Gimp I guess. The same goes for the Topaz plug in I've seen people be very satisfied with. And it's hard giving specific help without having the possibility to play around with the original file. I generally start with boosting the structure slider. And to bring out the details in the sky a bit more I would look if a digital red filter helps. The best advice I can give, is to try and try until you stumble on something that really works. It is possible to get very good results without the plug ins I mentioned. I am just not that familiar with the solutions outside my workflow.

10-26-2011, 03:51 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Too much "nothing" on top. apply 1/3 - 2/3 rule maybe. this one is more 1/4 - 3/4. Cool!
11-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I personally do not mind the empty sky. Just the B&W conversion isn't too my liking, too gray not enough contrast. ALso I have the feeling that the photo iusn't sharp
« finale | op art »