Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Think pics are good enough for the equip you are using. Maybe to centralized? Well done!

10-23-2011, 11:47 PM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hi bezuidar,

I cropped the images of the moon from the original photographs. In the pictures the moon is only visible object. The rest is darkness (black background). So I placed the moon more or less in the centre of image.
10-24-2011, 03:49 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Ok, make sense now! Well done!
10-24-2011, 02:28 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alberts, I'll have to agree with previous comments that these are very good images from the 50-200 lens but it is about the best you will get from that lens. A number of years ago I used the same lens for moon shots with about the same results.

Last year while visiting Prince Edward Island in the Fall we had one of these really crystal clear night skies. I tried a few shots with the Sigma 50-500 at 500mm with the camera on a good tripod. f:11 at 1/125 with mirror up time delay. It was 2 days before full moon. This was the best of about ten shots.

10-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hi!

Your photo of the moon is perfect . It is very good, sharp and detailed. I think it would be quite hard to repeat such a photo. Probably, this photo is my dream photo of the moon /
If it is not a secret, which camera did you use? And could you reveal the ISO speed for the photo? I am quite inquisitive. At the moment I like to calculate exposure values in EV for different types of photographs. These EV is quite useful to determine approximate exposure parameters (ISO, shutter speed, aperture) when I am shooting similar photos in manual mode.