Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
Forum Member

Sunset on Umbagog Lake
Lens: Sigma 18-200 Camera: Pentax k-x Photo Location: Maine 

I almost trashed this picture then I started using Adobe Lightroom.. What do you think? I found a lot of images headed to the recycle bin that I think I will hang on to and mess around with the PP.

Thanks,
Chris

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
10-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
It has a nice feel to it, try working on it some more! Have you already tried to recover highlights? Maybe you can still illuminate some of the beach. I notice some chromatic abberation, but that can be fixed in LR. It's fun going through rejected photos and making something of them.
10-24-2011, 03:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Would like to see more of the foreground, otherwise nice pic!
10-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sunrise/sunset is a tough subject because such images are so often seen and viewers are likely to be a bit blase about "yet another sunset". That said it is a favorite subject of mine. In this particular jpeg rendering there is very noticeable posterization in the sky. So whether or not to pursue this image depends, I think, much on whether or not you shot in RAW or at least if the original jpeg is free of this distortion.

I like quiet images like this but I think general taste is for more pizazz (spectacular clouds etc.) in a sunset. All depends on what you want to do with it. If it's for your own enjoyment, by all means have a go in PP.