Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2011, 05:36 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Don From The Radio Quote
What did you do to this one? On my little laptop it looks "smoother", but I can't quite place what was done. The skin tone is also a bit cooler, but I can replicate that easily. Is that all that was done? The main problem I had with that one was lightening the sky without making it too noisy.
Don,

I have software that lets me adjust saturation, luminance and hue of individual colours like, red, yellow, blue and green and anything in between, lets me adjust detail strength in all channels and much more. After that is done I change software and go to Topaze DeNoise to reduce noise and finally go to yet another special software for sharpening which lets me adjust black or white sharpening halos that are always a problem with JPG images.

Greetings

10-31-2011, 01:27 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I messed around with that outside bride photo a bit and got pretty close to what you were able to do, but I noticed most of my shots in that series were a bit soft on the focus due to shutter speed. So, that whole series goes out the window.

And we move back inside where we had big bright lights.

or

I am kind of partial to the first one. I don't like overly processed photos, but you guys are more expert than I am, so I'd appreciate the input on which is stronger.

At least there aren't any color issues this time.
10-31-2011, 03:46 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jeeze, what did you say to her, the poor thing looks so scared .

Can't make up my mind but I probably go for the softer one.

Greetungs
10-31-2011, 06:02 AM   #19

RE: the bride photos, I think both are very nice, but the second one loses some of the detail in her lace stuff on her breast. not that I was fixated in that area or anything. . . .