Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
old bridge
Lens: Pentax 18-55/3.5-5,6 Camera: Pentax K10D ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F4 

12-19-2011, 03:51 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
It is hard to critique a pretty good shot. I am not sure if you have pulled up the recovery slider much yet - I saw you use CS5 - the recovery slider in Adobe Camera Raw. Of course this is in case you are shooting raw. This would allow the house façade on the right to gain a little more definition. Even if you shot only JPG, going through Adobe Camera Raw would still maybe allow to get a little more definition in the bright house fronts.
12-19-2011, 04:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Falke, thank you for attention!
I'm using exclusively when shooting RAW format for the reason that the Image Processing 90% of the Bridge. For Cs5 leave only the crop format.
Light conditions in tie figure were not the most ideal (summer - sometime around noon), used PC filter, but it was not enough.
Regards Velja
12-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #4

a very good shot that can't critique much.
but i agree with falke, the recovery seems slide a bit too much.
by looking at the house and the lake it seems like a bright sunny day, but the sky looks a bit dull.
overall a very good shot.

12-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
Great shot and yes perhaps you can squeeze more out of it by using some of the more advanced Photoshop techniques, or perhaps go back and shoot it again with maybe a better lens or a lower ISO, smaller aperture and longer exposure. It would be nice to bring the bridge out of the shadows, its reflection on the water would stand out nicely, and also to be able to read the red sign on the caffe wall, it is close by. Maybe some HDR? Anyway, I love the way you see things Velja by the compositions you have posted here and I look forward to more of your work.
12-24-2011, 03:15 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
freontech, thank you for attention!
Would be a nice spin time back, the dull, cold winters in the warm summer, right? Unfortunately K10D does not allow less than ISO 100, and it's not a problem at the photos. You should better close the aperture and used a combination of PC + ND8 filters and the problem would be solved. I used too CS5, which is inconsistent with my approach to photography and I am sorry!
Regards Velja