Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #1

Multnomah Falls
Lens: Pentax DA-L 18-55mm Kit Camera: Pentax K-r Photo Location: Multnomah Falls, Oregon ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/2s Aperture: F11 

This is my first attempt at a long exposure shot to get that "misty" effect from moving water, and I am pretty happy with the results. I welcome any critique!

Attached Images

12-31-2011, 04:12 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the effect works very well, and the colors are nice too. This is a very good shot!

The bottom of the shot isn't as interesting as the rest, so I would experiment with a few crops. Also, having the waterfall a little more off-center might be worth trying also.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Jason

If colour and truthful representation is important to you may I suggest the following tweak.
The cam recorded much more than is shown in your posted image.
Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 06-05-2012 at 06:45 AM.
01-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Nice shots Jason. I'm heading out to Oregon(Portland area) on Wednesday to visit my sis in law school. Multnomah Falls and Mt. Hood are already on my list of places to go, but do you have any other suggestions? Going to head out to the shore where one of the scenes from The Goonies was shot too. Did you try any ND filters to see what effect the longer exposure would have there?