Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

A few more fitness images
Lens: DA* 50-135 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Central Maine ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F4 

These were taken with a mix of apertures and shutter speeds. All finished in CS4 and OnOne PhotoTools Pro 2.6

Last edited by candgpics; 09-28-2012 at 07:11 PM.
01-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #2

I don't care much for the vignetting, otherwise I like the pictures. They have a very "stock" feeling to them.

Well done.
01-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I guess stock is good, right?

I tend to add vignettes to most of my images. I recognize it may not be to everyone's taste, though.

Thanks so much for the comments.
01-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
I like sepia tones and vignetting myself. I have not yet taken to the brighter vignetting but it seems to work with the 3rd shot. And yes, stock is good - it makes money.

01-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #5

As mentioned, I think stock is good. I don't take pictures to sell them but if someone wanted to pay me to use it I would be flattered.

The first is my favorite and I could see it in a magazine or as an add.
01-11-2012, 04:44 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I must admit I don't get it, both the models look like they want to rip your arms off! They don't look like fitness images to me they look like anger images, what was the purpose of the shots?

cheers.
01-11-2012, 05:26 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
your #2 image, stretching, is just fantastic! well done. i love the sharpness of the grass in front of her leg.

01-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
re-reading my post today I didn't quiet explain myself as I should have. When I say " what was the purpose of the shots " I mean are they portraits or sports action shots. If they are portraits I think the models should smile or at least have a neutral look rather than a sneer or a disapproving look. If they are sports action shots then I don't think they should be looking straight at the camera. #2 for example, is an excellent shot technically but I think she should be looking down at her feet as she would be if she wasn't posing for the camera. The pose in #3 just looks awkward and unnatural, not very "athletic", and with a look of disapproval.

cheers
01-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #9

I really like the last 2 shots. Having spent the entire day yesterday looking through stock images for sport action images, i like the composure, but I especially like that they aren't smiling. The setting and action look very natural.

I could see purchasing these, without the vignetting and in full color.

The first one is a bit cliche for me. I must've seen 500 images of 2 people jogging. Thats not to say its not well done, just that I want to see something unique.
01-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I really like the Sepia effect on the first image, I find it gives it plaque like stature.
I also like the expression captured in no. 2. as well. Don't know how well the vignette works in this particular case(to abrupt?) but I don't think it's a bad thing either.
01-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi:

Thank you all for the comments. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all.

The models I was working with generally have experience in doing fashion work and I tried to get them to smile more. They admitted to me that they are used to the more stoic/serious look for fashion work.

In terms of a purpose to the images, I was just trying to take tasteful images with a bit of character to them.

Thanks so much for your comments.