Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2012, 03:55 AM   #1

Street lights at sunset
Lens: 50mm f1.7 Photo Location: Huddersfield, UK ISO: 800 

A mini series of photos I've done for a music project I'm working on. Still not entirely happy with them but not sure why...

Attached Images

01-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Overall, the colors are a bit flat here. If you're looking to use these for backgrounds, then I'd definitely try to pop the colors by adding some saturation, etc. The juxtaposition in the first shot sort of works, but then again you never want to shoot 2 of something. In the second shot, I don't think there's enough detail in the image. The third is also too dark, but it's not bad composition-wise

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-02-2012, 05:40 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I find #3 too busy at the bottom, and the cloud or contrail that dominates the top half isn't a sufficient counterbalance. But #1 and #2 are nice minimalist compositions. I like #2 in particular. As Adam says the processing is a bit flat. With #2 especially there is lots of room for bringing up the contrast, which would give this image more punch. It would be very easy to cleanly mask the lower part of the image so that you can work on the two parts separately. You might also try converting any of these to black and white and see if you like that better.
01-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I have to agree, the colors are too flat on all three. Further more the only composition I like is the first shot. The other two donīt work for me