Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Night panorama, any advice?

First attempt at a panorama. I didn't really know how to take it, so ended up simply using my 18-55 kit lens set up by the window and took 5 shots to stitch

I've processed it to b&w / blue version's, and I've put the original here too.

Any thought's? I cropped a bit from the left out already and also straightened the level a bit, what would you change and why?

Cheers,

Woj

01-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think that the blue version works very well, but the original is nice also. The only critique I have is that the horizon is a little bit uneven, and that the composition itself isn't that interested on the left side- there isn't really anything that jumps out at you.

Very nice though for a first pano- looks like you go the technique down!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The only critique I have is that the horizon is a little bit uneven, and that the composition itself isn't that interested on the left side- there isn't really anything that jumps out at you.
Thanks for viewing Indeed the level was hard to do, i tried to match it with my grid in live view to the middle frame but didn't even get that completely straight. Not entirely sure how I should be levelling it to be honest ^^

I think I'll also try and crop it so that the main road is more central/the focus of the image. The pic here is basically the max view I had without hitting the window on either side at that focal length
01-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Agree on the horizons, and I like the blue one best. I personally feel that increasing the blacks or contrast would make the image a bit more striking and to give more emphasis to the star effects on the lights.