Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
lonely
Lens: Tamton 18-250/3,5-6,3 Camera: Pentax K10D Photo Location: Ojstrica ; Slovenia ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F13.5 

lonely larch trees

01-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I opened up the full-sized original in your gallery, which was much clearer: https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/44170/1_Logar_v2.jpg

Overall I'd say it's a decent shot, with no real flaws, but nothing really stands out either. It's sort of run-of-the-mill. You should try to do something crazy with the colors, like an HDR tone.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I think there is too much foreground which is too distracting. crop some of the foreground away, and I think it will benefit the shot, the trees will stand out more
01-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi

Personally I do like "Lonely Tree" shots. (But there is really two here, isn't there)

Also am not quite sure if there is too much foreground because in the original it is simply too dark there to be of any interest, open up the image with a bit of light and brighten up the green a bit more and it starts to look more interesting.

The sky has gone a bit blotchy because of the JPG limitation. (In case anybody complains)

Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 09-16-2012 at 05:28 PM.
01-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Overall I like the shot.
Prefer the sky in Velja's and the foreground in Schraubstock's
01-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
I find the position of the tree too central in the image. Cropping from the top right-hand corner would enhance the compositon IMO. It needs curve tweaking as well to reveal the dark area, as Schraubstock did.
01-05-2012, 04:32 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Dear friends,
Thank you for attention, comments, suggestions. I respect your opinion and your personal approach to photography. Unfortunately, my approach might be "old fashioned", which I have already written several times. Photo will probably be considered as the end of the document by the time the author sees in real space and time. Do not get me wrong, for example: R. Capa famous photographs from the Civil War in Spain, the fighter behind the ruins of a house, watching the enemy position. Photo is a shooting range near the western sun. The left part is a complete many long-distance photos.
One hypothetical question. How much time should Robert, to the black chamber "direct" contrast, sharpness, etc? Would any of us then approach revealed "poorly worded" photo. Fortunately that did not exist, "so called" art photography!
Accept my comment as a slight sarcasm or a little joke!
Regards Velja