girl
Lens: 18-55 Camera: pentax k-r ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F5.6 

girl in kafe bar

Attached Images

01-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi,

Not bad. Here is some suggestions :

- The skin has a purplish tinge - not so healthy looking, fix the colour the temperature
- The highlights are blown, especially on the face and hand.
Those two may have been done in post processing?

- Image can use a little sharpening

Keep it up!
01-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
thanks for suggestions !
01-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member

That just about covers it I think ! I would just add.... genraly better going for slight under exposure as its far easier and mor latitude bring detail and highlight up than trying to get back highlight detail in burnt out areas.

01-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Hi.

without the permission of a little correcting this interesting portret.Kao first would have to wait for the lady to escape having to Unicam, to get "clean" face. The light was pretty good, DOF is OK., That the photo had to be acceptable to reduce 80ili ISO 100, when the exposure sbanjiti aperture at 8, and most importantly the portraits focus must always be on the eyes or eye level.
Velja

Name:  Vladko.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  252.1 KB
01-08-2012, 04:06 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Velja
I do not think you have to ask for permission to correct an image here in the critique section, other than being polite. There are some forum members here who object to this and think one should do such a thing only if it is accompanied by a, shall we say, "PHD Dissertation". Thankfully these people are in the minority.

vlatkoufo
To illustrate that the image can be improved in PP, albeit with certain limitations, I attach my version of this portrait and thereby encourage you to give it a go when presented with similar situations in future. The blown out parts which cannot be recovered are gone for ever!

The corrections I have done are quick and simple and anybody with even only rudimentary knowledge in matters "Post Processing" can learn to do this.

What have I done? Just removed the green cast, sharpened the image in my favorite sharpening program (FocalBlade) and moved the brightness lever to the left a notch or two. That's all.

Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 09-16-2012 at 05:28 PM.
01-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Hi Shraubstosk!
Excellent processed! Congratulations! You're probably one of the few who perfectionist processing photos using all his knowledge and programs for "grooming". Frankly, I do not have "the nerve" to do so. Because of my "outdated" view of the photo, I use very little time for revision?
Regards Ve

01-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I am divided on this issue.
If I were to have a picture of mine critiqued solely for improving the picture, then I really dont mind having a picture reference to see what the other person is talking about. Some critiques may be beneficial, and I have no idea what the person is trying to say. A picture will help me. Some critiques may be completely useless, and worse, damaging to shooting style/editing style, and it would do good for me to be able to see that the person critiquing may not be qualified to do so. This is what we do for everything else in education, we make sure that the person giving the education is qualified to do so - why should it be different here?

However, I do see that seldom does the original poster replies to critique/help where their pictures are modified, so I am going to assume that what seems perfectly acceptable for me by way of improving myself doesnt seem to work for everyone.

Edit: Note that if I were showing off my picture instead of asking for a critique, I wouldnt want anyone to change the picture I have envisioned on their own.

QuoteOriginally posted by Manel Brand Quote
How lucky you are, huh? Now you can show how gifted you are... (LOL)

Seriously, from the user/member standpoint, it's a shame that the critique section of the forum is becoming the playground for people like you and those unpleasant, distasteful automatic for the people edits.

At least, I have to agree with you about the minority of those, who once made this an inspiring and useful place; it looks like dullness is taking over... So, life goes on, enjoy, have fun (looks like you have an enthusiast supporter, LOL) and greetings (apologies for the impolitness of my words).

Last edited by D4rknezz; 01-10-2012 at 08:50 AM.
01-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This forum is for sharing ideas on how to improve images. It is common courtesy to ask before editing and reporting someone else's image. Please keep to comments addressing the OP's request and leave personal remarks of other members out of the discussion. Any problems should be reported via the forum's Report Post system. Thank you.
01-11-2012, 07:05 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I did something
Attached Images

01-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Hiya! Not a bad effort - the vignetting focuses the area of attention to your subject. Unfortunately her colour seems to be off still to me. Too much green, too much pink/purplish. I would suggest a conversion to black and white. ! Keep it up. !