Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Lonely chair....
Lens: Sigma 30mm Camera: Nikon D40 Photo Location: OSU, Oregon ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/8s Aperture: F1.4 

Sorry that this shot is not from Pentax camera since I just sold all my Pentax gears. Of course, I will use Pentax again when a chance comes.

This shot was taken because it was snowing in my city which is not normal. So I grabbed my baby and walked to the campus. Then, here you are!

I tried my best to adjust WB but the ambient light was too orange. Also, I didn't have any thing to be a reference. So it might not be accurate. My bad.

Any suggestions?

Thanks....

Attached Images

01-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like everything about this shot except for the way the lights in the background turned out. Perhaps shooting at F2 would have rendered the slow a bit more appealing? Overall, very well done though. The composition and colors are great.

By the way, have you seen our new forum that's not Pentax-specific?
Camera & Photography Forum - Camera-Enthusiast.com

In any case, it's perfectly fine to share non-Pentax photos here!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I like it alot!
The only criticism I'd have is that the OOF highlights seem a little harsh.
However I think that could be fixed/softened in Photoshop.
10-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
Forum Member

Great, but im also according with use another apperture more suitable for this condition, since is a landscape, higer F values would be better to see everithing clear

10-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
I will go with the others, it's a tad over-exposed and a higher f-number would suit it more. Also, in this case I think you can leave more of the orange tint in the image, these images are usually orange to the human eye naturally, and give it that dark/winter-y feeling.
11-01-2012, 01:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zany225 Quote
Sorry that this shot is not from Pentax camera since I just sold all my Pentax gears. Of course, I will use Pentax again when a chance comes.

This shot was taken because it was snowing in my city which is not normal. So I grabbed my baby and walked to the campus. Then, here you are!

I tried my best to adjust WB but the ambient light was too orange. Also, I didn't have any thing to be a reference. So it might not be accurate. My bad.

Any suggestions?

Thanks....
Itīs a well thought image. But, my biggest concern would be that the out of focus part of the image is so dominating that the subject, the bench, is lost. Found myself scanning the picture for something to rest my eyes on, rather than for intriguing details.