Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Bench
Lens: 50mm pentax 1.7 Camera: Pentax K-x 

I clicked this at a park near my place. Please give honest critique about the pic. I am also wondering if the colors are right or need to be improved. How is white balance? Is the person and dog in far bg a distraction? Thanks in advance!

01-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It is rather soft and oversaturated. A lot of green and purple fringing in the trees.

As to the color balance, unless the asphalt and building roofs were purple, it isn't right.

What were the settings - white balance, aperture, and JPG/RAW ?
01-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Hey man thanks a lot for the critique, i really appreciate it.

I get lot of purple fringing [especially on dark edges or objects] when I use my 50mm 1.7 either in a large aperture or when I dont put a uv filter on it. I usually remove them using photoshop but I guess i forgot to do it with this one.

I really need to cut down this nasty habit of boosting saturation and vibrance in my pics. they look good sometimes but many times they dont

wb was set to daylight and pic was shot in raw and processed in lightroom and outputted to jpg. it was further reduced in size and uploaded to the net