Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
You are more patient than me to do demonstration PP for someone else
Thanks.

To tell the truth, most corrections I do here are just quick and dirty and are only ever meant as an indication of what can be done or to illustrate a point. Which is all that can be done with compressed small JPGs anyway. I have done stacks of corrections mostly for other peoples images in preparation for fine art printing. They are done on proper files, take much longer, and are quite fun to do. And the results are always better, even if I say so.

Greetings

01-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There wasn't enough room to play with framing but I think this still works better than landscape orientation.
(OP's second photo; crop, straighten, remove frame lines, fill light, sharpen).

01-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
This raises an issue in our left to right reading culture. This way he looks like he is going forwards, but facing the light he would look like he was going backwards. Would that fit the club image?
My priority when doing something like this is getting the light right. That's what this hobby is about. If the light is coming from the left...he needs to be there. You can clearly see the exposure difference from left to right.

He can remain there, but the image needs a fill light or reflector to the right. But in all honesty....this pic is for the Kiwanis Club......I'm sure this is fine the way it is.
01-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I bet every single person who participates in the Political & Religious Discussion forum clicked on this thread.

01-29-2012, 04:08 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Deiberson Quote
My priority when doing something like this is getting the light right.
Hi

I don't think there is a forum member here who would disagree with this obvious observation. But, and there is always a "but", what if you don't have a chance to get the light right, or you thought you had it right and then it wasn't or for a million other reasons. And you don't have a chance for a re-run, but you need this shot badly. And then you think, mmm its not that bad, I can do something with this.

That's when a little PP trickery can save your bacon, can it not?

Greetings
01-29-2012, 04:51 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I agree. I was just making a suggestion based on a speculation that the shooter might have assumed the subject has to face right when in all reality he doesn't. Heck....even our real president is facing left on the wikipedia page.

Another suggestion would have been to put the Kiwanis flag over his shoulder in the background. But again, its easy to play Monday morning QB.
01-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Deiberson Quote
I agree. I was just making a suggestion based on a speculation that the shooter might have assumed the subject has to face right when in all reality he doesn't. Heck....even our real president is facing left on the wikipedia page.
That is an interesting observation. That page has many pictures of him, with a preponderance showing him looking leftward, some looking eastward and some direct at the camera. Do they contain these messages on the let-right reading culture level: 'I am a leader and I am engaging with those who follwow me', 'I am a visionary' and 'I engage directly with you and yours'?